Orders for this product have now closed.
Choose from three different size cheese boxes, ideal for your Christmas entertaining. You will get a balanced mix of high quality cheeses from our imports as well as from our distribution partner. Dispatch of all Christmas orders will take place in the week of 14th December. All cheese supplied will have best before dates well beyond Christmas.
You may choose from these three platters:
Small Artisan Cheese Platter
- Swiss Gruyère Alpage AOP, Vintage 2019, 15 months matured, unpasteurised, cow, Switzerland, ca. 200g
- Roquefort, blue sheep’s milk cheese, France, ca. 200g
(Update 9.12.: changed from Sélection Rolf Beeler Jersey Blue due to non availability)
- Coal River Farm, Triple Cream Brie, Tasmania, 200g
- Meredith Ashed Goats Cheese, Victoria, 150g
Medium Artisan Cheese Platter
Everything from the small artisan platter plus
- Sélection Rolf Beeler Hoch Ybrig, 10 months matured, washed in white-wine-brine, unpasteurised cow, Switzerland, ca. 200g
- 1 extra Coal River Farm, Triple Cream Brie, Tasmania, 200g
- Birehong pear reduction, Switzerland, 120g glass jar
Large Artisan Cheese Platter
Everything from the small and medium artisan platters plus
- 1 extra Swiss Gruyère Alpage AOP, Vintage 2019, 15 months matured, unpasteurised, cow, Switzerland, ca. 200g
- 1 extra Meredith Ashed Goats Cheese, Victoria, 150g
- Tête de Moine Pirouette, ½ wheel of Tête de Moine with curler, unpasteurized, cow, Switzerland, ca. 350g
See Tom showing the Australian soft cheeses included in this pack
Please note that in the case a cheese becomes unavailable we will inform you and provide you with a suggestion for a similar cheese at the same or better value.
Please note that any additional cheese ordered in the same shopping basket will be combined with the Xmas cheese box and sent out all together in the week of 14th December to arrive before Christmas. Further details can be found here.
How we wrap your cheese
Freshness of your cheese is important to us. That's why - unless noted differently in the description - we package all of our cheese in vacuum bags to help minimize travel impacts. However, we understand that some of you prefer cheese being wrapped in cheese wrap. This option is available to you for a small fee (it takes more time to package the cheese this way, that's why we charge you a little bit more). Unless specifically noted in the description, all cheese will generally have a best before date of at least 14 days, vacuum packed cheese generally about 2 months. Please note that with cheese this is often only a guidance date and does not necessarily mean the cheese will be of lesser quality beyond that date. In fact many soft(er) cheeses are best kept close to or until after that date for maximum ripeness.
How the cheese gets to you
All Alpine Express cheese are shipped in environmentally friendlier, insulated cardboard boxes. The cheese is bolstered with recycled packing paper & kept cold with food grade ice gel pack(s). It is shipped the fastest possible service, usually Australia Post Express. See Australia Post's Express Delivery Estimator (origin is 'Brisbane Metro'). From time to time we may choose a different shipping provider depending on speed of service, costs and other factors.
Unless noted otherwise, all cheese boxes are sent on Mondays with an order cut-off time at 9am (Sydney time) that day. You will get a tracking number to follow your parcel's progress.