Please note that order cut off for these boxes is midnight Sunday, 9th December (Sydney time)
Choose from three different size cheese boxes, ideal for your Christmas entertaining. You will get a balanced mix of high quality cheeses from our imports as well as from our distribution partner. Dispatch of all Christmas orders will take place early in the week of 10th December. All cheese supplied will have best before dates well beyond Christmas.
You may choose from these three platters:
Small Artisan Cheese Platter
- Sélection Rolf Beeler Gruyère, 18 months matured, unpasteurised, cow, Switzerland, ca. 200g
- Sélection Rolf Beeler Jersey Blue, creamy blue vein, unpasteurised cow, Switzerland, ca. 200g
- Delice aux Truffes, Triple Cream with truffles, France, 100g
- Mothais sur Feuille, white mould, goat, France, 180g
Medium Artisan Cheese Platter
Everything from the small artisan platter plus
- L’Exquis Herve Affine a la bière, beer washed rind, Belgium, 200g
- Onkaparinga Camembert, white mould, Adelaide Hills/SA, 200g
Large Artisan Cheese Platter (sold out)
Everything from the small and medium artisan platters plus
- Tête de Moine Pirouette, ½ wheel of Tête de Moine with curler, unpasteurized, cow, Switzerland, ca. 350g
- Milawa Brie, white mould, cow, Victoria, 450g
Please note that in the case a cheese becomes unavailable we will inform you and provide you with a suggestion for a similar cheese at the same or better value.
Plus choose from these optional extras
- Coriole Kalamata Olives, South Australia, 150g
- Little Acre Chicken Pate, South Australia, 170g
- Little Acre Duck, Pork & Fig Terrine, South Australia, 140g
- Birehong Pear Reduction, Switzerland, 120g
Additionally please note that any additional cheese ordered in the same shopping basket will be combined with the Xmas cheese box and sent out together in the week of 10th December.
How we wrap your cheese
Freshness of your cheese is important to us. That's why - unless noted differently in the description - we package all of our cheese in vacuum bags to help minimize travel impacts. However, we understand that some of you prefer cheese being wrapped in cheese wrap. This option is available to you for a small fee (it takes more time to package the cheese this way, that's why we charge you a little bit more). Unless specifically noted in the description, all cheese will generally have a best before date of at least 14 days, vacuum packed cheese generally about 2 months. Please note that with cheese this is often only a guidance date and does not necessarily mean the cheese will be of lesser quality beyond that date. In fact many soft(er) cheeses are best kept close to or until after that date for maximum ripeness.
How the cheese gets to you
All Alpine Express cheese are shipped in environmentally friendlier, insulated cardboard boxes. The cheese is bolstered with recycled packing paper & kept cold with an food grade ice gel pack. It is shipped via Australia Post's Express Post service. Please check if your delivery postcode is part of it, or see Australia Post's Express Delivery Estimator (origin is 'Brisbane Metro') . Customers residing in the Brisbane Metro area can also arrange a free pick-up from our prep kitchen at The Small Crop, Wynnum or choose the local courier service in which case dispatch and delivery will be on Thursdays (through same day delivery).
Unless noted otherwise, all Cheese Boxes are sent on Wednesdays with an order cut-off time at 10am (Sydney time) that day. You will get a tracking number to follow your parcel's progress.